Diego Naranjo, EMA 2011, Board member

1 Posts
1 Users
1 Likes
Diego Naranjo
(@diego-naranjo)
Topic starter

Hi fello alumni!

After many years following the Ema Aumni association I decided to run for the Board elections this year.

As many (all?) of you, I joined the EMa programme to deepen my interest and knowledge about human rights. There I found a very rich and diverse group of people from all ages (from recent graduates to pensioners) that have common interests in making progress in our societies via all sorts of activism, legal actions and academic research.This is a vast pool of extremely valid people that can help push for change in the challenging times we are living in.

The war on Palestinians made me and others in my year that we had to do something to push the EU to take decisive actions against the genocide that Israeli government is leading against Palestinians. I joined with other fellow students to drafta statement(a second one would come later) along with the Ema Alumni association. For me, this was one of the first moments when I felt proud of the association and when I realised the potential that we have as a collective.

By joining the Board, I would like to drive the recently created advocacy actions of the association and encourage alumni to get involved in any topics they believe we should be acting on: climate emergency, anti-migrant actions, surveillance or the EU's action supporting wars and authoritarian regimes.

I firmly believe that we can be a very strong voice in Europe and that our multiple connections around the world can help us to help the world to be a more progressive, just and livable place. But we will need as many alumni on board to make this possible. I would be honoured to help in this process and make the EMa Alumni association a voice for the voiceless in Europe and beyond, including by working closer to other EMa associations around the world.

Diego

Posted : 07/05/2024 11:43 am
Melina Pele reacted
Share: